We think of CTS certification as more of a coaching process, rather than certification. Pam and RJ will coach you through the process of demonstrating your progress with CTS based on your goals. The process includes one-on-one coaching via Zoom, using the online CTS videos, and submitting videos of your progress. Sample CTS ‘certification’ goals are:
- Learn to do the CTS Core Workout | Demonstrate an ability to follow visual and audio cues and do the CTS Combinations and Workout. The Core Workout contains a warm up, a foot and arm drill, several dance moves adapted from ATS / Datura and 25 CTS Core Combinations.
- Lead the CTS Core Workout | You’d be able to cue the CTS Core Workout and Core Routines and teach the CTS Core Combinations.
- Do the CTS Intense Workout | Learn the Intense Combinations and associated zil patterns, plus sword / basket balancing.
- Lead the CTS Intense Workout | Cue the Workout. Teach Zils 101. Teach Sword / Balance basics. Teach the Combinations. Teach the Intense Routines.
- CTS Teacher / Sister Studio | The soft skills: Business basics. CTS Choreography 101. Overview of 8 elements. CTS philosophy. Dance Ethics / Community.
- CTS Refreshers | RJ is constantly adding new routines and choreos using CTS Combos based on requests from students and teachers. You might also choose to do and share CTS Routines. This also keeps us in community and alignment.